Emergency alerts and warnings

Emergency alerts and warnings are posted on the Emergency WA website, and by the Bureau of Meteorology and the ABC through various digital channels. The ABC also broadcasts warnings on ABC Local Radio.

Non-emergency alerts and warnings for parks managed by the Western Australia Parks and Wildlife Service are available on this website (alerts) and are posted on the Parks and Wildlife Service main website.

If urgent emergency assistance is required contact emergency services

Triple Zero (000) is Australia's primary emergency services number that can be dialled from any fixed or mobile phone, payphone, satellite phone or some Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services.

The National Relay Service has information on six ways to contact emergency services for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment.

112 is the international standard secondary emergency services number that may be used from digital mobile phones only. It directs you to the same service as Triple Zero (000).

For more, see www.triplezero.gov.au and www.acma.gov.au.

Where there is no mobile coverage (see 'staying in touch and contacting us') you will not be able to reach the emergency call service by mobile phone. You should consider carrying a satellite phone and/or distress beacon.